BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
claudia6913

Paladin

Immaculate white musk, sweet frankincense, bourbon vanilla, white leather, and shining armor.

I did not get much of the metal or balsam aspects. This was a base of soft white leather, frankincense, and clean white musk, ever so slightly powdery in the best way with a little vanilla. A sweet and warm scent. I think I'll need a bottle!

Dominant frankincense, with white musk and white leather coming up behind it, backed by some smooth vanilla. This is sweet and creamy, with very little graininess from the frankincense, despite its prominence. I think I also smell an unlisted sandalwood.

More than an hour later, sweet vanilla musk is strongest.

Nicely balanced and evocative. I'm much more drawn to this than I ever was to playing a paladin. ;)

Oh man, this is not for me. On my skin this smells like nothing for about 30 minutes, then smells like hot metal and a touch of powder. Almost completely faded after 3 hours, and it's not a pleasant enough scent for me to want to reapply it. Bummer!

Paladin was one of the first RPG scents I tried, I'm surprised I haven't reviewed it yet! I was always a little on the fence about it--it's a soft leather + musk on my skin, and while pleasant, I found it sort of boring. I held onto it because I liked layering with other scents sometimes, but I didn't really pay too much attention to it. I tried it the other day again and, after years, for the first time noticed the frankincense and a metal note. They don't last very long, but they do add an extra layer to the scent that I had been missing. I think I'm going to start reaching for it more often.

Anyways, it's a very pleasant scent, good for occasions when you don't want to wear something too strong but don't want to forgo perfume entirely. It also layers very well with neutral.

Paladin is a very bright and feminine scent on me. I'm still not sure what frankincense smells like, but the bourbon vanilla stays sweet and clean and doesn't go all funky like some vanillas do on my skin. Not much throw but good staying power on me. I'm looking forward to experimenting with layering with some of the other RPG scents.

I was wary about the vanilla because it doesn't often work for me, but this is a surprise win. It's a nice soft leather and a very clean musk. There is a smidge of vanilla, but it's not overwhelmingly sweet like it can go on me. The whole scent is very subtle and stays quite close. I'm very pleasantly surprised by it and it will be wonderful for days that requite a soft but steady scent.

Having just reviewed Drag is for Everyone, I can pick up some of the same notes. The musk and the frankincense standout the most. The bourbon vanilla makes it to sticky, sweet for me. I can get how a previous reviewer said it smells like OFF bug spray. I'd say that's more of a periphery smell, rather than a direct one. It starts out sweeter, staying close to the skin. I think the frankincense overtakes the musk and the leather, so I end up with this sweet floral that waffles between OFF and generic brand name perfume.

Sign in to follow this