BPAL Madness!
Koumori

Antony

The embodiment of Classic masculinity. A warrior's scent: the green hills and grasses of the battlefields, the resinous incense from the prayers to his Gods, and a touch of the musky leather of his armor. Ambergris and frankincense with sage, and basil.

This one is super faint on me. I get a little soft leather, incense, and sage. It seems more like the memory of a warrior's cologne on me.

Wet: Mugwort! It's not listed, but I swear that's what I am smelling. It's very herbal. The basil is creeping in, and I smell like pesto. Not my jam right now.

Dry: This smells identical to the new American Gods scent, Take The Moon, at least on my skin. I thought that smelled of musk and mugwort with maybe a hint of lemon? Other than the musk, there are no listed notes that are the same, yet they are seriously identical on me. Weird. Anyway, I do like it, but I had already pretty much decided this type of scent is not for me.

I don't really believe in men's/women's scents but I don't think this one works for me, though judging by other reviews here I might try giving it to my boyfriend to see if he likes it. It's just a bit too aftershave-y/air freshener-like on me.

A quite soft, dirty and slightly herbal scent here! The smallest touch of leather and the frankincense feels like it's giving these ingredients a hug. Works really well. A rugged knight with a heart of gold. Simple but lovely.

This one starts out very, very green! Was not expecting it to smell like a herb garden. I got some mint plants with some basil mostly for the first 20 or so minutes. And it's not like mint candy or oil, but like something growing in a planter. After the herbs calm down, they make way for a soft leather and white musk. It's slightly sweet and isn't very in your face. I think it's nice at all stages, and I don't think it ever trends too traditionally masculine.

I'm underwhelmed. The description already told me that it wasn't for me (I'm more of a super cloyingly sweet gal), but it smelled intriguing in the imp, so on it went. It's gold, classic, masculine, solid, and strong. It went on in a haze of green and gold, very strong on the ambergris and the sage. As it dries, the leather pops out. It fades to a muted, incense-like smell that reminds me of head shops. The leather is there too, but I'm typing this from a leather goods design studio, so that might just be the air in here. It would probably smell completely different and incredible on my husband, and I would try this on a man to be sure before it goes to swaps.

In the imp: I can smell all of the notes. Ambergris-covered frankincense with freshly shredded basil leaves and some sage.

Wet: The basil note leaps out to my nose first, and the sage is a lot stronger on me than it was in the vial. The green herbs are floating over a base of ambergris and frankincense. This one is very green.

Dry: The ambergris becomes more prominent as the scent dries, so that it's mostly ambergris, basil, and sage, with some frankincense in the background. The ambergris just keeps getting stronger and stronger. Then, the scent ends up becoming really powdery on me.

Verdict: The wet phase was a little too strong on the herb notes for me, and while I enjoyed the early dry phase, it ended up becoming too powdery for my liking.

Edited by dementia_divine