BPAL Madness!

Voluptuous and indulgent! A deep chocolate scent, with black cherry and orange blossom.

This does an interesting evolution on my skin.

It is heaviest and sweetest at the start; the chocolate is rich, unrefined and “gamey”, almost with an acrid liqueur-like pungency to it when combined with the tart ripe cherry. In terms of proportion I get half-chocolate, half-cherry.

Then as the scent warms up and lifts off the skin, the chocolate softens and a soft luminous orange blossom seems to come through. After dry-down, with my arm a distance away from my nose, I mostly catch whiffs of an airy orange blossom, very bright and sweet. Almost innocent-seeming.

It is not what I was expecting of a scent called Vice, but very pretty nonetheless.

Wand: Cherry, orange, chocolate. In that order.

Wet: Cherry and orange, with a floral touch from it being orange blossom. The chocolate is unexpectedly subdued on my skin. I also seem to get something vanillic -- benzoin or something.

Dry: The neroli blooms on my skin as this dries. I barely smell chocolate now.

This wouldn't be everyday for me... but I don't wear anything everyday. This is not especially sinful -- it's pretty and playful. I like it, a fun scent.

OMG :wub3:

In the imp: smells like a white russian with cherries

Wet: I get chocolate, cream, frosting, cherries (boyfriend says he smells maraschino cherry juice)

Dry: chocolate leaning more white chocolate than milk, and cherries with a hint of cream; there's also something warm that I can't quite place but that smells amazing. I can smell the orange but I have to really sniff and concentrate and I wouldn't have any idea it's there if I didn't already know it was. There's also a light bit of woodiness which is nice and not at all detracting from the foodie scent.

I LOVE this; it's foodie but sexy all at the same time. It even got a resounding yes from the boyfriend who ordinarily is so-so about me wearing perfumes. It has a light throw on me but it's not overpowering. I need need a full-size bottle asap and back-ups for days.

Vice came to me via random grab-bag of imps. I was hesitant to try it at first, because even though I love chocolate, I don't know how I feel about wearing it as a perfume. I also like fresh cherries in real life, but that's pretty much the only form I'll take them in, to eat or smell. So I went into this pretty much expecting to dislike it.

First Sniff Impression: Dark chocolate with fruit

Wet in Vial: I can pick out the chocolate straight away, and the cherry and orange blossom are kind of mixed together to just create sort of a "chocolate fruit filling" scent at the moment.

Drying Down on Skin: Drying down, this is nicer than I would think on me, considering the notes, which sound fairly heavy. The chocolate isn't too rich, and the cherry isn't pronounced enough to make me dislike it. It's continuing to sweeten as it dries, but not in a sickly way. It's amazingly bright and light! I was pretty set on giving this one away, but now I'm not so sure.

Dry on Skin: This ends up morphing into just a really nice, wam fruity smell with a bit of floral from the orange blossom. It would be a good scent for winter when you don't want to scream DECK THE HALLS WITH PUMPKIN EVERYTHING!!

Conclusion: I was pretty much expecting to hate this one, thinking it would be too heavy like Blood Kiss, but I did like it a lot. Not enough for a bottle, but I think I'll keep one imp of it!

Weirdly, I barely get chocolate at all, even in the imp. Orange blossom is the main note for me, especially once it hits my skin. Vice is pleasant, but it doesn't even last an hour on me. Disappointing. Oh well, this is why we have imps.

I wanted to try a chocolate scent, and Bliss was out of stock, so I thought I'd give Vice a shot. The black cherry and orange blossom listed alongside the chocolate in the scent notes sounded pretty decadent!

In the imp and on me, wet:
This isn't nearly the sweet smell I was expecting. o.O This is unsweetened chocolate for sure. The very bitter kind.

On me, dry:
After about 10 to 15 minutes it sweetens up, but now it's less about the chocolate than the orange blossom, with a nice touch of juiciness from the black cherry. The chocolate is still present and still rather dusty and bitter, which I think is enhancing the sweetness of the other notes. There are these little moments, though, where I think I can detect a more milk-chocolatey scent.

Verdict:
While I didn't think so at first, I'm probably going to keep this. I'm not ready to jump on a big bottle just yet, but I'm interested to keep experimenting with this one and see if it grows on me some more.

Wet: orange blossom and something sour...not sure if i like this.

Dry: the sour note disappears and turns into a sweet cherry scent. After an hour it disappears and i only smell orange blossom, no chocolate at all.

How to recreate this fragrance:

Purchase a box of Queen Anne Cordial Cherries.

Open box

Insert face

Chew

This is awesome, if a tad intense with the cherries. It's straight up candy on me. I don't get the floral note at all.

It's dark chocolate cherries. That's it. If you've ever bought the dark chocolate candied cherries, that is exactly what this is. It's incredibly strong and lasts forever. It's absolutely not my thing.

In the imp: This makes me think of Terry's Chocolate Orange, with the addition of black cherry.

Wet: At first, it does smell like Terry's Chocolate Orange with some black cherry, but the orange blossom is quick to remind me that it is, in fact, a blossom and not full-on orange (much to my dismay). It's sharp and has a tendency to be problematic on me, so I'm hoping the chocolate will keep it in check.

Dry: Orange blossom and black cherry, backed by chocolate. I thought the cherry would disappear really quickly and it would mostly be chocolate and orange, but now I'm mostly getting orange blossom and cherry with a light chocolate note.

After a while, the cherry ends up being the dominant note, backed by the orange blossom (which is still going pretty strong), with the chocolate hiding in the background.

Verdict: This one started off promising, but the orange blossom is just too sharp for me. I like that the black cherry note stuck around, but I wish I had gotten more of the chocolate. I didn't think the orange blossom would be a big enough bully to shove the chocolate into the background, but alas, it was.