BPAL Madness!
Juushika

BPTP (Hair Gloss, Atmo, Bath Oil) to BPAL Similarities/Reccs

I looked, but didn't see a thread for it...

Recommendations for oils which smell like the Atmospheric Linen & Room Sprays, please!

I'm most interested in Down the Rabbit Hole (daisies and dirt with a hint of orange marmalade, dry leaves, and crunchy old sticks), but it might be nice to gather a list of wearable oil alternatives to the various sprays (which aren't based on preexisting oils).

Well, I don't know about oils that compare, but I use my L'inverno spray as perfume sometimes by misting my clothes with it before I put them on.

Good thread, Juushika, we didn't have one yet :D And I know there are lots of people, myself included, who love the unique sprays that don't have perfume counterparts! (I guess Samhaim and Sugar Skull are the only ones that you could feasibly buy spray + perfumes of in the current season and they won't be around permanently).

The Queen's Croquet Ground reminds me a bit of Two, Five and Seven. And I am happy that L'Estate perfume smells very similar on my skin to L'Estate spray in the air around me, it's so beautiful :P

I looked, but didn't see a thread for it...

Recommendations for oils which smell like the Atmospheric Linen & Room Sprays, please!

I'm most interested in Down the Rabbit Hole (daisies and dirt with a hint of orange marmalade, dry leaves, and crunchy old sticks), but it might be nice to gather a list of wearable oil alternatives to the various sprays (which aren't based on preexisting oils).

Ditto.

Mainly because my son seems very pleased with the scent and it kinda strikes me as age appropriate and not to feminine for him. It just smells sweet and innocent. Heh.

No kidding on the Down the Rabbit Hole scent!! That is one of the most AMAZING fragrances since Ace of Pentacles...just lovin' the dirt thing.

Great thread, I almost started one like this but wasn't sure if it existed. I'm trying to find something like the Medicine Show spray. The oil, to me, smells nothing like the spray. The spray almost reminds me Isaac. Anyone with a sharp nose have any other comparisons? The smell is sooooooooooo good! I spray the goblin squirt on myself sometimes, 'tis a shame I don't know of an oil that can replicate such a great smell

I was wondering if anyone knows of any scents similar to Templum Victoriae Atmospheric Spray. I love it so much and my mini bottle is all gone. It would be wonderful if there was an oil equivalent.

You might want to try Tzadikim Nistarim (notes of frankincense, olive, spikenard, hyssop and galangal) and No. 93 Engine (notes of Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage). I think that both of those have a feel that is similar to Templum Victoriae.

Aureus came to mind for me - it's not identical but you could describe both as resinous yet light, with a bit of an herbal quality. Little Bird's recs are really good ones too.

I was recently given a sample of Boothill in my BPTP order and gaahhhr. :thud: It's probably my favorite scent to ever come from the lab, so if anyone who has smelled it or knows the notes that can help me, it would be more than appreciated. To me, it's almost an aquatic scent. Literally. It has that men's cologne bit going on with what smells like a humidifier. Just smelling it makes my mouth literally start to feel parched - it's like the essence of water. I'm looking for - anything - the lab produces that comes close to it. Thanks so much!

There's a review thread for Boot Hill in the Black Phoenix Trading Post / The Kitchen Sink reviews section. I get a lot of leather from Boot Hill, and it seems that all of the other reviewers find it to be mainly a leather scent as well. I think that it's most similar to bpal's Quincey Morris and Brom Bones perfume oils (almost like a mix of the two with some added oomph), which were both limited editions...

There are a lot of great leather scents available in the general catalogue right now that you might want to try, though (Dee, The Black Tower, The Bow & Crown of Conquest, The Buggre Alle This Bible, The Black Rider, The Red Rider, and The White Rider)...

If you're looking for a masculine aquatic, though, you might want to try something like A Fit of Artistic Enthusiasm or Caliban.

Thanks! I'll be sure to check those out. This is my first foray into leather notes so I'll be keeping fingers crossed.

I wrote this in my review but just noticed this thread so I thought I'd mention it here. I think Knock-A-Dolly atmo spray is very similar to Death of Autumn, though a little sweeter from the cinnamon.

Anyone know anything that's like the british blondes? I'm loving the atmo spray, and it doesn't seem to hurt my skin, but I'd prefer to not be spraying it on me. I love the crisp orchid and the drydown of lovely vanilla musk.

So....I may be crazy, but The Goblin of Yuletide Yet to Come and The Smiling Spider are similar to my nose. I couldn't figure out what The Smiling Spider reminded me of until I spritzed my bed with Yet to Come while wearing it. They're not identical, but they're similar.

That makes me happy. Very, very happy. Because I love Yet to Come and would love to wear it as a perfume. Now I can wear The Smiling Spider and be happy. :D

Strangely enough, the only note they have in common is clove. I guess the patchouli and mahogany in The Smiling Spider are mimicking the incense notes in TGOYYTC, or the other way around, I guess. Mainly, I get rich, woody clove from both. :yum:

Anyone know anything that's like the british blondes? I'm loving the atmo spray, and it doesn't seem to hurt my skin, but I'd prefer to not be spraying it on me. I love the crisp orchid and the drydown of lovely vanilla musk.

British Blondes smells a bit like The Girl and Vasilissa to me, it has that same ultra-feminine musky feel to me(probably closer to The Girl, but Vasillisa has a similar feel to me as well).

[/

Opuhi reminds me of British Blondes quite a bit. They are not an exact match, but I get lovely warm vanilla with a hint of (lightly) spiced, amber floral (BB is a tad heavier on the floral, but not much) from both. :heart:

I'm looking for suggestions to something ressembling the Mahogany Hall atmo spray from the Lab. There's not many scents with the mahogany note in the catalog, unfortunately...

Have you tried The Antikythera Mechanism? They're not identical, but there's a certain similarity with the vanilla and wood together. :)

Have you tried The Antikythera Mechanism? They're not identical, but there's a certain similarity with the vanilla and wood together. :)

I did! But it was too "teaky" for me ;~; It's true though that I could always layer (and it doesn't stop me from wishing they would make a perfume oil matching Mahogany Hall!).

I hear you on the complimentary perfume thing! :smilenod:

I wish there was a Pete Lala's Cafe perfume oil myself. Smells so good.

I sometimes spray my clothes with BPTP sprays before I put them on (to avoid skin contact with the spray, just in case). Not as good as perfume, but it works in a pinch. :)

I'm really excited to see how Red Lantern atmo spray compares to the Red Lantern perfume, but I would also love to get some recs for other perfumes that it will compliment. I like to spray my atmo sprays on a neck scarf or just a spritz above the top of my head so it barely drifts onto my hair. I'm just not sure what else will go with Red Lantern. Anyone?

I'm just not sure what else will go with Red Lantern. Anyone?

I think that The Death of Sardanapal and The Arrival at the Sabbath and Homage to the Devil (Salon blends) are both a bit similar in feel to Red Lantern.

Snake Charmer layered with Red Lantern is gorgeous.

And I've never personally tried it, but I could see Goblin's sweet coconut and darker tones working well with RL.

Milk Chocolate, Raw Ginger, and Butterscotch would add more of the spiced caramel scent...

Edited by Little Bird