BPAL Madness!
Kitrona

Chaos Theory VI: Recursive Self-Similarity v7

Clear oil in the bottle.

On the skin: strawberries and vanilla cream? No.... orange and vanilla cream? Actually I think I can smell a bit of both strawberries and orange here, so.... Wow! :wub2:

This is fantastic!

Did I not review this previously? I thought I did. Smells like rich vanilla, (definitely foodiest on wet) and as it dries, I get a teensy bit of strawberry leaf.

Delicious.

Buttery cookie, a la Sugar Cookie. If you had asked me to test this without giving me a scent name/description, I would have said that this was Sugar Cookie.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I searched this thread for #118 but either no one reviewed it before me or I missed it. This one's been tagging around with me for ages.

Wet it's a very strong, sweet vanilla that's clearly got undertones that haven't come out yet. When it's dry it's got a roundness to the scent that made both my boyfriend and I associate it with cake-- a vanilla cake or pastry with a sweet, lightly spiced vanilla frosting.

I got # 122 in a swap.

Fresh on skin it's very water-esq, it also smells a little bit like Planting Moon. But given a bit more time, it mellows out and has a slight 'Tombstone'esq scent rise out of it. More time just gives way to a very warm musk. Musky vanilla with a cut of herbaly aftershave and a splash of sassafras? There's my best guess. :lol:

Smells a bit like cologne, in a nice way. I might see how this goes on the SO. :)

This one is a cocoa, sweet vanilla blend that is very much like Underpants.

The drydown is slightly plasticky, but it conjures heavy similarities to Underpants.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Darkly syrupy with almost caramel overtones. I can see the maple syrup comparison. That backs off on the drydown and I get buttery vanilla with a sandalwood base. Very foodie.

Buttery, syrupy, foodie vanilla.

Previously reviewed by cindirella76, venneh, and citizenbree

Oh man - I don't know what to say about this - other than this smells like bourbon vanilla SN. It's rich, almost foodie, vanilla. It's like the vanilla of your dreams. Smooth, tasty vanilla.

I don't know who sent me this but I love and hate you at the same time.

Vanilla #565. Very soft and sweet. There is a fruitiness that reminds of Tweedledee! I swear I pick up some honey, and definitely something light and fruity. I cannot for the life of me name exactly what it is but it is really nice.

Edited by porcelina

Soft, sweet, and the sort of foodie vanilla that everyone loves. I swear I've smelled this before. Celeste? This reminds me a fair bit to Celeste, sans the saffron.

So yeah, you get it, awesome vanilla is awesome.

This is one is a very bourbon vanilla with a hint of pink sugar. There's a creme brulee aspect to this one as well. Foodie lovers would love this.

This one is a more vanilla/less musky version of Lemon Sugar Sticky Bat to me. I get a ton of citrus (maybe more lemon balm than straight up lemon), and dusty vanilla to it.

Hello vanilla. This baby's strong vanilla underscored by musks and resins that lend to a rich buttery sophisticated vanilla blend. This reminds me a bit of Edith Cushing but more smoothly blended.

There's a strong foodie note to this vanilla, with an undertone of musk and a whiff of creamy white florals. There may be either some beeswax/honey in this because as it dries down, I get a 'honeyed' aspect to it. Good throw and wear length.