BPAL Madness!

An itch that needs to be scratched: Snake Oil and three types of honey.

Totally loved the 2015 formulation and beat myself up when I accidentally spilt half my bottle, so I've been rationing it very carefully since. Then I saw it again this year, I just HAD to get some backups.

I'm one of those who enjoys Snake Oil but will on certain occasions find it a bit too spicy and dark and powdery. If you're just in the mood for something similar, but with a little less kick and less of that powdery drydown, then Womb Furie is perfect. It's more ambery and gold and clear, compared to the husky dense darkness of the original. The honey takes away some of the spikes without diluting the luscious complexity. But at the same time, I don't ever find it overly sugary, since honey is nuanced and has floral, leathery, animalic, and musky tones mixed in with a golden sweetness.
Will not ever be without this one.

(I'd wondered awhile ago if I could get similar results mixing O with Snake Oil, but - NOPE. Womb Furie is Womb Furie.)

I picked this up at a meet 'n' sniff over the weekend (thanks!!!) and put it on 2 hours ago - this (2018, I think!) is the first Womb Furie I've tried. At first it was all honey with a faint hint of SO. And I had a similar experience with Snake's Kiss and was wondering if my most recent bout of head cold had left me without the ability to smell Snake Oil, so I got it out and dabbed a tiny bit on my shoulder. Nope, I can still smell SO perfectly well, wafts of it drifting up around me. So, these blends must have a smaller proportion of SO in them, duh.

The SO did start to emerge more strongly in about an hour, but this is definitely a gentler SO. This is one I could get away with at work; it's still sexy as all get out but a little more buttoned up and wears closer to the skin. If you hate SO I can't imagine this working for you; if you like SO but find it a bit much, this might be perfection. It's going on my bottle list.

Good ol' Snake Oil but made sweeter and gentler. I think I actually prefer this to Snake Oil. I feel like one of the honeys in this might be a honey musk... something about it reminds me of Lady Una.

I dunno what year this one is, but it's lovely. Spicy vanilla honey sexiness!

It's like O and Snake Oil had a Lovechild.

No, they didn't get married, they ain't about that life. They're raising Womb Furie without that nonsense. Snake Oil is free to partner up with who they want and so is O!

Anyways, if you like Lady Una, O, Snake Oil, or just plain smelling sexy, you'll probably like Womb Furie!