BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

The Nameless City Drive-In Theatre

THE NAMELESS CITY DRIVE-IN THEATRE
Chrome bumpers gleaming in cold, exhaust-fume laden night air. Soggy foliage and crushed grass dotted with popcorn that has been crushed under rubber tires. Leather seats moist with skin musk and the sweat of groping hands fumbling under ceremonial robes.

Bottle: Airy, grassy musk.

On: Wet, this smells like a very crisp, blue/green musk, and the grass takes a backseat to a very potent scent remniscent of a 'hot dude' car freshener - a melange of manly, strong musks that is sweet, slightly spicy in a cold way. There's not too much linen, fabric, and this isn't too grassy nor leathery. It's a very smooth, somewhat overpowering (to me) bluish musk.

Not at all what I expected.

In the bottle, this has a fresh, cool, airy smell mixed with crisp green grass.

On my skin, it takes on a manly freshness that makes me think of axe body spray at first. It's like laying with a teenage boy on a blanket of green grass, which isn't awesome now that I'm in my 20s, lol. Thankfully, the drydown isn't so overapplied-cologne-of-teenage-boy, and it's actually quite lovely.

I don't smell any popcorn or leather here at all. The drydown of this smells sort of like the scent of laundry hanging outside to dry and hints of green grass wafting in through an open window in late spring. It's nice, because normally this sort of scent (fresh, clean, airy) goes to soap on me, and this isn't soapy at all. I think that I like this more as a room scent than as a perfume, but I might wear this one every once in a while, if it doesn't get sacrificed as a room fragrance first. This is definitely my favorite of the green grass type scents that bpal has done.

Edited by Little Bird

In the imp: Fresh green grass, not mowed, that smells sweet.

Wet: Now I'm getting hints of chilled chrome metal and rubber tires. There's something very lemony here as well. Maybe there's a lemon tree growing somewhere near the drive-in. If a lemon tree could grow in NE outside of an orangery, that is. Well, it could probably grow in the Miskatonic Valley.

The dry-down: And here's the soggy foliage and crushed grass. No popcorn, though. And no exhaust fumes, either. Hmm, now there's the skin musk slicked on the leather seats. And then everything sort of combines into this faint scent that just fades away, like a long-ago summer's night at the drive-in. Yet, there's that lemon tree still, in fruit, not flowering. What a morpher, and all that in just a little while. I would call this masculine throughout.

In Bottle - Grass, and this note that I can never identify outside of 'general cologne smell'--I should add, a pleasant cologne.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - Really dense grass, that cologne note (I think it must be a specific musk that is used often in more masculine-oriented fragrance, because it is definitely some sort of musk) and the lightest hint of leather.

Dry, on Skin - Grassy, cold, musky. I was worried by the chrome, that I may end up smelling like a handled penny--but that worry was for no reason. The chrome is there, but it doesn't smell 'metallic' in the way that I thought it would, and I can't explain exactly how it...does smell, except 'cool and nice', haha. Grass is the key player on me, with musk a close second. The leather is very, very subtle. For me, this reads pretty non-gendered, but I'm also pretty open to wearing more masculine colognes, so results may vary. This is my favorite of the newest DD releases, I'll definitely be picking up a bottle (or two) as soon as possible!

Grass, cologne, skin musk galore, metal, leather and indeed, some rubber. Really just like it sounds! Light and masculine but with a faint almost candied/syrupy sweetness below.

Grassier, soapier, and almost floral, in that sort of 'spring wildflowers' soapy-fresh way. The metal really gleams - a lovely chrome note, just as in Torture Queen. The skin musk is less cologney and smoother, and the rubber and leather are light little touches, totally wearable and pleasant. This is quite green, and I'm getting some dandelion.

The soapiness calms down and the musk really comes out. That sweetness could be the leather or the musk - I'm not sure. The drydown of this is very soft, metal, cologne and musk mostly with a little bit of leather and fresh grass, dandelion and DAISY (I love daisy). I like it much more than I ever expected and will be getting a bottle or two for myself!

I get grass as the strongest note in this blend, but I also pick up a bit of metal, but not sharp metallic, more a sweet metal note. And yes, this too goes soapy on my skin on the dry down. Glad I just tried a decant of this rather than buying a bottle.

Regardless of what this smells like I had to have it-- I LOVE drive in theaters, and grew up in a town in Oregon with one of the last in the state. Now I try to go to my local one as often as possible.. not just because it's sooo darn fun but to support something that likely wont be around much longer.

In the bottle mostly masculine, crystalline musk, but prominent green grass and truly.. butter! :D

gosh this is a fun blend!! On me the throw is predominantly sweet butter and green grass with a hint of clean musk.. up close it's much more metallic . I'm surprised at the sweetness and how wearable this makes it to me (I was worried it'd be too ""hot dude" arr freshener" :lol:) More and more grassy as time goes on. Very nice :)

Cool, green, airy. I agree that this must have green/blue musk as on the drydown it does get to be musky. On wet and dry, I get a good bit of greenery and as it dries, the same chrome note as in Torture Queen.

Very masculine on me.

I’m getting chrome, plastic, sweat and a lot of grass. Interesting in a storytelling fashion, but not something I would actually wear. Trade pile.

I bought this on a whim to accompany my bottle of Black Lace.

First impression: very very green, with a little musk.

After a few minutes: I'm getting the chrome note now, and maybe a little bit of leather too.

Hmm.. something about this is not right for me. I'm thinking it might be the skin musk, which is hit or miss on me. It smells green and a little sour.. not for me.

Wet: Loud masculine cologney musk.

Drydown: A very pretty light green slightly cologney musk with hints of butter. :blink:

So glad that I got to try this...but this will be passed along to a new home.

The Nameless City Drive-In Theatre - This is a masculine, clean cologne scent. It's got a ton of metal in it, a bit of air and grass, a hint of leather, and a big dab of musk. It's definitely not my type of scent, but it fits the inspiration and I can definitely see this smelling awesome on just the right kind of guy.

I don't know why I was so afraid of this one. It's light and airy, grassy, chromey, and musky. I almost think I get a whiff of rubber tires, but maybe it's leather. In any case, it's very nice, maybe a bit masculine, similar to Pollution.

in bottle: Musk, a tiny bit of popcorn, and something that reminds me of my grandma's house. Average throw.

wet: Strong, white musk with a slight hint of rubber underneath it. Throw quickly backs off.

drydown: Morphs from a cold scent to a warm one as the butter peeks out. It's not so musky anymore, but can't be considered buttery, either. Not much throw.

verdict: Meh.

Edited by neverything

I tried this at Dark Delicacies yesterday, not expecting it to be there or having a single idea what was in it beforehand.

The only thing I could think of when I smelled this was GREEN COLOGNE. Not cucumber-y like Lordy, though. And now I see why. I must have been getting the metal (which tends to be sharp and cologne-like on me) and grass. I did not get any popcorn from this at all or find it to be particularly leather-y.

Not my thing, but I'm glad I got a chance to try it!