BPAL Madness!
Redsnoopy1977

Sue's Great Old Puppet Show

SUE’S GREAT OLD PUPPET SHOW
Sue’s adorable Cthulhu hand puppets and whirling Nyarlathotep marionettes help kids learn about ancient and terrible extraterrestrial beings! A wacky way to introduce your little ones to forbidden blood-chilling rites!

Hot cocoa, tiny marshmallows, white glue, stick-on googly eyes, and felt!

I got this today and here is my take:

Wet - chocolate marshmallow goodness! I want to drink this!

Dry..what is this? Boo?? This smells like a much stronger Boo with a little Bliss. Like if Boo and Bliss made a baby this would be it. So for those of you who love Boo this is a MUST have.

After a few hours I dont smell any chocolate ..just Boo.

Mmm!

Milky chocolate and... something very, very weird, at least on me. I can't quite describe the note I'm detecting. In the bottle and on me, it was very dry cocoa, like the Gelt/El Dia cocoa on me, not a super rich absolute, but a milky fragrance. There's another note, possibly a milk, or goat milk, or something that is not playing absolutely nice on my skin. Over a few moments, the odd, literally plastic-y cloth-y note seems to meld more with the cocoa. Cocoa is emerging gradually and now appears to be... the dominant note.

Over time, this mellows out a lot, and I like it lots.

Still sufficiently weird to make me debate whether or not I need to hoard, but it's cocoa! With something weird! And I like it.

I am getting both the hot chocolate and glue notes. I was afraid glue would make it smell icky, but while it does make the hot cocoa note smell a bit wonky, I kind of like it. icon_smile.gif The more it dries though, the less glue I am getting and it's becoming mostly hot chocolate on my skin.

In the bottle, this smells like chocolate mixed with the original Milk Moon. On my skin, the chocolate disappears and this smells exactly like the original '05 version of Milk Moon. It's like a soft, delicate vanilla cream with hints of milky caramel and marshmallow. It's amazing how much this smells like Milk Moon for the first fifteen minutes or so on my skin. Over time, the chocolate note here creeps back in and stirs things up (and smells just like a cup of warm hot cocoa <3) and the sweetness calms down and softens. I agree that the drydown is more like Boo's vanilla cream + Bliss's chocolate. It smells soft, sweet, and pretty.

I love puppets, so I'm glad that this puppet themed scent works on me ^_^

First up.. big :wub2: goes out to Cinderfallen for grabbing a bottle of this for me!

This is the weirdest thing! At first it really does have a glue smell to it.. all the hot chocolate and marshmallow goodness is there, but with a layer of glue over the top. That gloopy white glue you use for.. err yeah, gluing eyes on to puppets! This must be the puppet-making stage.. when everything smells a bit new and glue-y type smells linger in the air.

But then.. BUT THEN... this becomes all soft and delicious hot chocolate and marshmallows.. definitely pink, not white marshmallows. The glue thing never quite goes away completely, but it keeps things interesting on my skin.. oh there's the glue! No wait, it's gone. Mmmm chocolate. Oh glue's back! No, it's gone! etc. As angelicruin and Lycanthrope both said.. weird, but I kinda like it :)

It's not overly sweet, it's more powdery - but not in a soapy way - just soft and yummy. The cocoa is not quite like any other BPAL cocoa I've encountered.. if I had to compare, I'd say it's most like Gelt, if you can imagine Gelt without the amber - just that same powdery, dusty cocoa.

This is a big winner for me, even with the glue :D

In bottle: mostly unsweetened cocoa, a hint of marshmallow and something that I think is the felt. Fascinating. Wet: Rich dry chocolate, a sweet hint of marshmallow. The glue/felt is fascinating with the chocolate. This is not like any of the other chocolate or marshmallow lab scents I’ve tested. It manages to be chocolate dominant without being foodie, which is truly unusual. Dry: The marshmallow sweetens and softens the cocoa. The felt fades out, but the glue lingers.

Well I'm almost embarrassed to say this because baby Lilith's face is on the bottle :blush: but..

this is the SEXIEST chocolate smell ever on my skin! This beats out Boomslang for chocolate sexiness on me. I'm not getting glue (thankfully) but just deep musky vanilla cream and chocolate, and I keep getting hints of honey musk. I'm in :heart: !

The Lab's cocoa note never fails to please. Here it's mellowed by the marshmallow, creamy and warm. The longer this dries the more it's smelling like cocoa spilled on felt. I do get a slight whiff of glue but it's not unpleasant. This is nice! It's not particularly strong but it's very cozy and cuddly.

In the imp: Lots of cocoa powder, the kind you use to make quick-and-easy hot chocolate with.

Wet: The instant mix cocoa-powder hot chocolate is being mellowed by the little marshmallows, like someone just dumped a ton of sugar in their cocoa. This is yummy, and my nose doesn't want to leave my arm. :)

The dry-down: It's like sweet hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows floating and melting, and with tons of sugar. Oh, wait, there's felt and glue lurking in the background. And a metallic note, like the safety scissors used to cut the felt. I think I'll just layer some Marshmallow Poof or Boo! with Milk Chocolate Buttercream or Gelt or Bliss and see what happens, instead. If the dry-down had just continued with the smell of the wet stage, this would be a winner. Skin chemistry strikes again! I'll wait and re-test another day before reaching a final verdict.

Edited by thekittenkat

In Bottle - Very warm cocoa powder, reminds me a lot of Gelt.

Wet on Skin, First Applied - Mostly warm, milky chocolate with a little bit of linen.

Dry, on Skin - It's stronger on the chocolate, with the hint of clean, airy sheets--I don't smell the glue, but then again, I might not be able to identify it well. Lasts quite awhile, I'd say it's been going pretty strong on my for about 6 hours? I like it, but there isn't too much of a difference between this, Bliss, and Milk Chocolate Buttercream for me to pursue a bottle. I'll love my decant until it is gone, though!

Chocolate and marshmellows. It smells just like the packets of instant cocoa with the marshmellows already included. I get little glue, which I think I am thankful for.

In the bottle: Chocolate!

Wet: Hot Cocoa with a tiny bit of marshmallow

Dry: There is a brief period where I get Hot Cocoa and coconut (maybe I am interpreting the glue as that) but for the most part I am getting hot cocoa only. It reminds me a little of Lump of Coal in the dry down. I'm glad I ordered this scent because I like it muchly! :wub2:

Chocolate marshmallow coconut! That's what it smells like. And a tiny whiff of plastic.

That might be the marshmallow though... or the googly eyes. ;)

In the decant, this smells similar to PSX54; hot chocolate, a creamier note that might be the marshmallows, and a plasticy note that might be the googly eyes or the glue. Once on my skin, the glue, which smells vaguely coconutty, amps. ...Shiiit. We'll see this goes, but I've not got a good feeling abut this. Ends up being glue and felt; don't particularly want to smell like a kindergarten craft table, sadly.

Edited by Venneh

Whoa, not kidding about the hot cocoa and marshmallows! Getting a touch of glue, but it isn’t unpleasant. Drydown into an almost-perfect chocolate scent. Doesn’t quite have the powdery feel of Bliss (may be the marshmallow). I am so getting a bottle. Or two.

Creamy, milky hot chocolate sweetened with marshmallows. The felt smells fuzzy and dusty and the glue helps temper the sweetness. I swear I can smell a hint of coffee and coconut but it could just be the creaminess of the blend.

When I first got this decant I did not like it. Thank goodness I kept it around to age a bit. I love it!! It smells like chocolate, marshmallow & coconut (not like the box of chocolate one either from last years Luper). Not near as sweet as that one. Very soft and close to the skin scent.

Need to find a bottle.

ETA: This is like Demeter Croquembouche but BPAL's is like half strength. I'd still buy a bottle of Puppet.

ETA #2: 10/5/2011 ... I'm shocked, I have never had this reaction to any BPAL! I re-tested this last night because I was just about to buy a bottle and this seriously made me sick to my stomach. The longer it was on the more I wanted to hurl. I had to wash it off. It must be the glue note. The decant I have will be frimped out and hopefully it will find a better more loving home.

Edited by beachbabealways

Who put coconuts marshmallows in my cup of cocoa? :wub: This is true to what it says, and with time the cocoa goes out stronger than the starting coconuts whiff. It`s delicious and I`m devouring my bottle!

Sue's Great Old Puppet Show - I love this. At first whiff, I was transported in my mind back to about 1981. The memory this scent provoked was that of me, at age 10 or 11, sitting in front of my sticker album, playing with my scratch-n-sniff stickers. That's exactly what this reminds me of -- a "fake" chocolate scent, that's delicious in it's own plastic-like right. It smells awesomely chocolatey in a fake, plastic kind of way, just like my childhood scratch-and-sniff-stickers. Love it!

This is one of my favorite chocolate BPALs ever. Bliss & Lump of Coal (which smell really similar on my skin) were previously the best of the straight-up chocolates for me. That's pretty much what this is on me- a cup of hot chocolate with melty marshmallows. No glueyness thank goodness, or other strangeness. I was playing with it last night and made my husband sniff it. He actually loved it and wanted some on his wrist immediately, which was pretty entertaining- he would never go out in public wearing any of my foody or other especiallly girlie BPAL scents but it doesn't stop him from wearing them at home. He definitely loved it too, I caught him sniffing his wrist all night. A definite keeper! It is one of those warm-fuzzy scents for sure.

It doesn't last terribly long, though. While it does the throw is pretty intense, it's a strong scent while it lasts.

On first application, this is a lovely, creamy hot chocolate--like El Dia de Reyes, but without the spice. (I keep wanting to say this is minty, but that's purely because of my mental associations, as I usually have mint hot chocolate with marshmallows, rather than just plain hot chocolate.) There's something a bit chalky behind it--perhaps the puppet aspect of the blend, but to my nose, it morphs into hot chocolate mix, rather than hot chocolate in liquid form.

At first sniff this is chocolatey gooey sticky googly eyeballs! It's just so creamy and gluttonous and fabulous!

Wet on my skin, this is a squishy little puddle of marshmallow chocolate loveliness. And I want to take a chunk out of my wrist!

OH WAIT! Someone has dipped a hot glue gun into a giant pot of hot chocolate with little bits of fluffy pink and white goo. It's the very essence of being naughty, and it's comforting really.

I adore this, and I need to find me a bottle!

wow. this is real bizar good oil :thud:

I put it on last night, to try it out a little and I dreamed of hot cocoa with tiny marshmallows floating in it :heart

delicious! I totally forgot the description, with the googly eyes heehee

and that strange felt! but YES. it is def. there, even the next morning!

love it. keeper. will be worn whenever I need comfort.

I mostly smell hot chocolate powder, but I CAN faintly detect something a little acrid and chemical-y. The glue? The googly eyes (Christoper Walken, anyone?)?

It's pretty cool, and should be great when I need to feel warm and comforted.