BPAL Madness!
ophidiae

Vasilissa

She herself had cheeks like blood and milk and grew every day more and more beautiful: creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

Absolutely gorgeous. Soft creamy and musky, with a light-handed soft sweet jasmine. A gorgeous softness from the sandalwood and the amber and myrrh create a warm sweet base without weighing it down. Will need a bottle!

This is a princess scent. It's light, sweet, and fluffy. The strawberries are the top note, the jasmine is well-behaved, and the amber and musk are a nice base. Bottle!

Sweet, fuzzy, gentle playfullness. There's a certain headyness to it, a darkness, but in the background. Pretty sure that's the musk and amber. If only this had a stronger throw cause this is waaay to soft for me.

Well, I was expecting this one to be a bit stronger, but i found it rather faint. It's very quiet and there is only one thing that I can really pick out. It's myrrh because it tends to go very powdery and soapy on me. I think there's musk, too, and maybe a bit of cherry for the pink musk. It just just doesn't work out for me for both the throw and the powder.

Oh my. This is so delicately gorgeous, much like a young princess.

These are the words that first come to mind upon application: Sweet, soft, warm, cuddly, most definitely pink, strawberry, champagne, blush, innocent, princess, delicate, Lupercalia

It actually reminds me a lot of a pink version of Zarita, the Doll Girl. I keep checking the notes to make sure there is no carnation, but alas, there is none! It is still somehow spicy and beautifully creamy.

Jasmine haters, like myself, should not shy away from the scent. Beth perfectly captured a blushing young maiden, and she is absolutely immaculate :heart:

Creamy skin musk. Amber and myrrh are obvious, but the jasmine is not. Really lovely if you feeling like something pale, sweet, and feminine.

I have been putting off testing this one because, jasmine. also, there was really nothing in the scent notes that appealed to me. Well. was I wrong. At first sniff my first thoughts were creamy and very pretty. Must be the sandalwood and the skin musk. I don't really detect the jasmine, just something floral in there to give some tang to the sweetness. I actually really like it. makes me think of young girlish innocence.... which means I won't be wearing it LOL but I will give the imp to my daughter :laugh:

When I first got my bottle there was something about it that made me think of overripe fruit and made me queasy, so for a couple of years it sat in my cabinet unused. I tried it again while gathering possible swap bottles and I'm glad I kept it, because that sickly edge has aged right out! Now it's a beautifully blended creamy pink dream! There's a suggestion of strawberries, like a light blush, but it's not super fruity. Very pretty and princesslike. I love it!

I have a well-aged imp of Vasilissa today that I wore because I wanted a floral and couldn't remember what it smelled like. Freaking gorgeous, is what it smells like. I can't generally do jasmine, but star jasmine seems to be just fine (plus there was a fence covered with star jasmine in my backyard growing up so I have positive scent memories associated with it, despite the wasps). There's sweet, gently musky sandalwood and I would have guessed a drop of vanilla as well. This could be a Luper -- it's one of those beautiful soft creamy florals Beth does so well. And it's GC! It was nearly gone in about four hours, but it's so pretty it's absolutely worth slathering and reapplying. I need to buy a bottle and cellar it for a couple years.

I got this as a frimp, and I'm so glad I did! It's a very sweetly feminine scent, which is exactly what I like. Sandalwood and jasmine were coming through stronger when it was wet; I have a hard time differentiating musks and ambers as I don't tend to smell them separately in day-to-day life, but I think that's largely what I'm getting now that it's dry.

Edit: Or maybe that goes the other way around? The last, lingering note that stuck with me for hours and hours was very similar to that with White Rider, which I suppose is sandalwood.

Edited by chocolatepot