BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
fairnymph

Moon of the Terrible

Desolation at the last moment in the gloaming on New Year's Day: winter snow with lavender, benzoin, lychee, white resins, and a cluster of melancholy, lachrymose lunar herbs and florals.

Another favorite lunancy. Lavender snow soaked in bright, crisp resins and lychee. It is absolutely breathtaking and slightly aquatic. I wish that I had purchased multiple bottles.

Moon of the Terrible - Lavender is my age-old nemesis, so I don't have high hopes for this scent. So I'm pleasantly surprised when I apply it, and it's mostly lychee with lavender, and as much as I also don't go crazy over lychee, they really compliment each other awesomely! I actually think I LIKE this blend!!!(???!!!???!!!) I don't know how that happened. It's fruity and herbal and floral and... whoa. What's that? Cat pee? Did someone put blackberry or black currant in this? :o That's sure what it smells like to me. I'm so sad... I thought I finally found a fun lavender (and lychee!) blend, but there's definitely a dark berry note in this that stinks on me. Boohoo! :cry2:

Bottle: Cleaning fluid, soap, lavender, with a slight lychee squelch at the edges.

Wet: Pale warmth (resins?), lychee juiciness, and lavender.

Drydown: Clean soap.

Dry: Clean soap.

My rating: 1/5

Edited by DifferentDances

I wasn't interested in this when it came out because snow, lavender, and herbs are all notes I avoid. Figured this one would be pretty blech on me.

SHOCKER!! It's not blech at all. Yeah, the lavender is a little strong when I first put it on, but that always happens. It calms down after a few minutes, and what's left is a crisp, slightly chilly, fresh scent. Not overly snowy (a bloody miracle, for me -- I really amp snow notes), not too much lavender or herbs at all.

I like it. My only complaint is that it's faint and doesn't seem to last long on me. I've tried it three times now (continuously surprised that I keep liking it), and it always fades out into a very soft crisp scent after about 20 minutes. Honestly, it really is very pretty, but I feel like I'd basically have to coat my entire skin in it a couple of times in order to smell it.

I bought a bottle from January 2009 (7 years ago!!) and it still smells so fresh and vibrant! BPAL is amazing. :angel:

When you first put this on, you get a big, juicy burst of lychee (which, mixed with the other notes is giving me a sweet grapefruit vibe), that is totally delicious! Then it dies down to a cold herb and lavender scent---I say cold because somehow, there is the scent of cold, refrigerated air! :clap: Amazing! The herbs smell dry, which adds a lot of interest to the drydown and the blend stays gorgeous for a very long time. I can't get over the herbs! So beautiful. If you have the opportunity to buy this scent, it is worth it.

(Even though this is a gorgeous blend with a big, juicy intro, it's still a dark, melancholy scent that perfectly invokes the theme.)

Edited by DameTrixie

Sign in to follow this