BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Savage

I haven't seen an official description for Savage, though it's been mentioned as an upcoming.

First sniff: Dry lemon, with something cookingish underneath – it might be the same olive leaf as in Alecto, it has that same kind of dark solid presence.

Wearing: This definitely reminds me very much of Alecto with a lemon squeezed over it. It makes me think of some sort of lemon-herb sauce for pasta. The dark green leaves are here, and they darken the lemon considerably from its usual bright-yellow incarnation.

Alecto didn't really like me... this one doesn't either. Alas.

I got this as a freebie with my first order back in May, and doused myself in it before realising that it would make me smell like a bloke all day. A fresh, lemony bloke, but a bloke nonetheless. This isn't a light lemony male scent, like L'Eau D'Issey, but a sharp, bites-yer-nose-off one - very crisp.

(My brother's inherited it from me, and it smells great on him.)

This is an older (tarted) imp o' Savage.

In the imp: Very light and clean smelling - I can't pick out any individual notes.

Wearing: Fresh acquatic, on the masculine side of things, but not in-your-face manly-man. Extremely soapy at first - this mellows nicely upon drydown. And soapy's not necessarily a bad thing - this could keep you smelling shower-fresh all day.

It's not what I expected from something named Savage. I was expecting leather, spice, musk... something raw and wild. I'm picturing a natty, well-groomed metrosexual, not chest-thumping barbarian in a loincloth.

I think on the right guy, this could mix with his chemistry very effectively. On me, it just smells clean and refreshing - it's like the masculine counterpart to Dirty.

Edited by coulrophobe

First on, this is a crisp bite of lemon. Juicy and sour enough to make my mouth water. In the drydown it gets a bit more soapy and aquatic, but it's not a bad sort of soapy. It just smells very clean. This would be perfect for a guy who likes clean citrus scents. I'm not fond of citrus myself, but I have a male friend that this will be perfect for :P