BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Rose

The promise of a rose: red rose petals, fresh sap, and the sharp green scent of stem and leaf.

This is SO much like Rose Red, comparing the two, I'd say this is less rose and more greens. The rose is lighter, sweeter and slightly powdery. Love it ❤

This is now my GC rose! I adore Rose Red, and this is the GC catalogue, all year rose equivalent to it. Whereas Rose Red is a stem-y rose with the coolness of winter, this one is a fresh, green, almost single note red rose. Gorgeous!

A lovely, realistic rose indeed. It goes very sharp and green (stem?) on my skin, kinda saddens me cause I love this in the imp. :(

The Rose is everything as promised.

A very pure rose scent with stem and leaves included. Wet and on the dry down the greenness is very strong but doesn't overwhelm the rose - which smells very fresh and true to life.

Later, when dry, this settles into a soft true red rose scent - very light but still present.

Perfect for rose lovers. :wub2:

A full scent of a rose: as it says, flower and greenery. This is a red rose mingled with a sweet green-grassy note.

Unfortunately, it fades quickly from my skin. The roses in my yard bloom from May until they're snowed on, but The Rose is mostly gone in a half hour.

Imp: sharp bright rose.
Wet on Me: I get the green but it's putting up a losing battle against rose on my skin.

The green lost. I haz a sad.

It's a very plain and simple red rose. That's not to say that it's a bad thing. If you are looking for a straight rose, it's hard to go wrong with this one. It's blossom, stem, and leaves all together. It is very wearable and just stays beautiful and fresh. Absolutely lovely.

In the imp: This is a fresh red rose with lots of greenery.

Wet: Fresh, tart, dewy rose (reminiscent of Rose Red). The green stem and leaves are present, too.

Dry: Same, but more tart than before. This one does the same thing on me that I didn't like about Rose Red 2005.

Verdict: This isn't the kind of rose scent that I enjoy on my skin. It's similar to Rose Red, but I only wear that in hair gloss form because of the sour quality I seem to bring out in the scent. I'm glad I was able to try it, though!

Starts off as a dewy, chilly red rose with watery green sap almost identical to Rose Red. As this dries it gets much less chilly and green however, and is the summery fresh flower equivalent.

i am so excited to finally be trying this! i've been waiting for awhile. this starts as a beautiful true red rose-it smells just like the real petals. i also sense the stem and a tiny hint of sap. a few minutes later when the sap balances out the rose, the scent changes subtly. it's a little bit of a perfumey rose with a fruity sweetness in the background-a dewy, slightly fruity rose.

Initial snif (2017):

straight, simple, prudish + turns to soap after an hour or so.

After almost one year aging (2018):
The rose is wonderful!

It is indeed only "a promise" of a rose, not a real rose. This image is very congruent with this scent.

I can also smell the image of stem and leaf, but maybe thats a priming effect from reading the description.

Green, fresh, a bit fruity-sweet, smart, clear, determined, not-floral, a bit green apple-like (coming from the image of the "stem"), pure, straight, pale, delicate.

--> really, very lovely!

Absolutely not a jealous or mad rose. She remains sightly prudish but is a sweet girl.

Edited by zazkea