BPAL Madness!
othelloperrello

Chant D'Automne

The scent of the year's fall and the setting sun, ominous and foreboding: dried leaves, charred wood, blood musk, amber, khus, and Nicotiana tabacum.

In the vial: a dead ringer for Cristalle by Chanel, probably because both are strong on the vetiver. Now that i have it on my skin for a while i get a bit of empty ashtray too.
Well it's a bit too much vetiver and *cough* tobacco for me this won't be one of my favorites.

I got a bottle of this from the lab's Etsy site. It had a week to settle down before I tried it... then I fell in love

I saw a lot of reviews likening this to tobacco smoke and ashtrays. On me, this is anything but! In fact, I went back to Etsy and got another bottle of it since I can't be sure I'll get another chance.

On me, this is smoky leaves and apples with a whisper of spice drifting through. Its not fruity despite the apples. It's not spicy despite the spice. Its not woody and yet...

It's July here in Seattle and we just had a big thunderstorm roll through (Thunder and lightning are very rare here) ands the rain has laid down all the dust and pollution. The air is cool, soft, and smells new. And somehow it all reminds me of this perfume. Soft, wrapping around you and making you feel comfortable with a hint of sweetness from the apple.

I can see this one is going to be a favorite for awhile.

5 out of 5.

sharp bitter. I get whiffs of amber which gives a tiny bit of sweet evry so often. there's a kind of ozone note. I can't pick out the dead leaves or wood, but it is a smokey scent. wet it's so strong but it settles.