BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Othello

Arabian musk with two roses and a bevy of Middle Eastern and Indian spices.

This smells pretty similar to me as it does on my BPAL buddy, but then musk and rose like me! Really beautiful and sexy scent, like I said the rose and musk are there, but there's no competition with the spices - it is beautifully well blended. Also, this leans more towards a "feminine" scent, but I could see it working very well on a guy.

In imp: yes, laundry detergent, but SOOO fresh! Like, you would definitely pick these over any other.

On skin, it's got the powdery feel of detergent. At this point, it sort of starts to dry into the perfume, Red Door, if it were a laundry detergent. It's really not that bad! It's very Perfumey, soft, tad spicy, very much like linens.

I don't know if I need it, because it reminds me of my grandmother's Red Door...even if I love her smell...but I'll keep the imp around because it is very good.

I got this imp in a musk pack to get something that had been oos for a while. I read up on the rest of the pack, othello included, and figured it would be worth it all around. At the worst i expected it would be vaguely pumpkin pie-ish. In the bottle, this is really weird but, i smell nothing. Vague soapishness. First applied there is still nothing. It doesn't develop over drying out. I got it a few weeks ago and i just tried it again the other day thinking maybe it would have blended a bit. Still nothing. I thought in the bottle i smelled a bit of rose but maybe that was just wishful thinking. No throw and i couldn't guess what the lasting length was.

My imp of this is over a decade old, so it might smell different than a fresh batch does.

To me, Othello is obviously mostly rose. I do however smell the spices and musk in this, and they keep it from being too much of a one-note rose.

Not much to say beyond that. If you like rose scents, it's worth trying this one. If you like rose scents but want your rose scents to have a little something beyond florals, this might be worth a try as well.

OMG this is pure heaven. I don't get the spiciness at all which Im happy about. I just get a light musk with the rose/floral notes. I definitely agree with what some people said about it being a clean, powdery scent like fresh linens or dryer sheets.

I am in love with this one!

In the imp: This is mostly Arabian musk and rose to my nose, with just a bit of spice.

Wet: On my skin, it's still mostly musky rose and only a bit of spice. The Arabian musk note is stronger than the rose at first, but then the rose note quickly asserts itself.

Dry: This is still all musky rose on me, with some faint,, dry spices in the background. I thought the musk and spices could mean Morocco plus roses, but that isn't the case at all.

Verdict: This one isn't one I could see myself reaching for (I have a ton of rose scents as it is and prefer sugared florals), but I'm glad I got to try it.