BPAL Madness!
janelle_hell

Zombi

Dried roses, rose leaf, Spanish moss, oakmoss and deep brown earth.

I don't know how to feel about this one.

I don't enjoy any dirt or earth not - feels very jarring and unnerving to me (unless it was mixed with like, tomato leaf or something that reminds me of digging in the garden). And rose is in my top 3 worst notes list because it just screeches over EVERYTHING.

But oakmoss is my jam. So I dunno - there's potential here but I think I'll just pass this on as frimp because it looks to be pretty popular and someone else will love it more (and appreciate the dirt).

Earthy, loamy—and with dried roses—Zombi makes for an incredible scent *for the right person,* but that person is not me. I can see its appeal the instant it goes on, but for skin chemistry like mine, it smells like neosporin and bandaids as it begins to dry.

Since I do not want to smell like neosporin and bandaids, I'll be passing my bottle along.

Soft roses and earth just like I imagined. It's not as strong as I was expecting it to be. It stays pretty close to the skin on me. The roses are dried or drying because they aren't particularly fresh, but they are pretty strong. The dirt is is more of an undercurrent rather than up in front. Not a bad rosy scent.

(Frimp with a recent order)

I do like the smell of dirt. The opening of Zombi works well on my skin. Rich, loamy soil and a juicy (greenish?)

sweetness were calling to me while this one was wet. Initially, I was inclined to respond. Sure, nibble on my brain.

I only use a portion of it and not terribly efficiently at that!

I put the brakes on :eek: when the dusty rose emerged more as the scent began to dry down. That's a much less

compelling note for me.

So, only half-enamored with your earthy mossy delights, I think I'll keep my grey matter in my noggin. :skull:

For now.

In the bottle: Wet earth and roses, things hinted at rather than being said straight up, an overall impression of damp ground and green flora.

5 to 10 minute dry down: On me, it stays wet roses and stems over damp earth, like the roses that used to grow by our door just after the rain. These are fairly soft, sad roses, not sultry or little girl, but wistful and funeral.

1 hour out: The earth says wet, but the roses seem to dry out. It's very soft and outdoors, and while the other notes aren't explicit, they add to that sort of 'out in the damp' feel to the whole scent.

I swapped away Zombi some time ago, so this isn't a review with the scent right on my wrist, but it made a strong impression on me. Years ago I gave an after-dinner talk on Goya, and the hostess decorated the dinner table abundantly with dead red roses. Zombi reminded me of those dead roses, and of all the beauty and terror of Goya's etchings. I found it inexpressibly beautiful and inexpressibly melancholy, and I couldn't imagine wearing it anywhere but to a funeral. Die-hard goths who love dwelling on the morbid and enjoy roses and earth scents should adore this one.