BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ACVail24

Sleet Soap (by Silk Road Trading Company)

Sleet Soap

Eucalyptus, menthol, two mints, and sparkling white citrus blast you with a bracing, enlivening chill!

Water, saponified free-trade palm kernal oil, coconut oil, soy oil, shea butter, jojoba oil, castor oil, Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfume oil, and alkanet powder.

In the Package:

The wrapping is a wonderful shade of blue, like an icy blue pond - and antiqued yellow parchment.

Faint - a mint and grapefruit swirled scent, light and fresh - but not cold.

the scent is very mild and almost undetectable. I had my nose up against the paper to identify the notes.

Dry, Out of the Package:

Scent is a little stronger now - and surprisingly, the grapefruit dominates the mint note.

the color of the soap is a light blueish gray with a very slight swirl of peach. There are also some little particles in this soap that vary in color from light tan to dark chocolate brown.

Used, Out of the Package:

Very smooth silky texture, more mint scented now that the soap is wet.

It's still a nice balance of mint and grapefruit, but I still don't have a 'cold' feeling from this scent, it still just seems fresh.

unlike the soaps with red clay, Sleet has no color in the suds and rinses clean.

interestingly, when I use this soap, the scent of mint and grapefruit seems to mingle with a cream sort of note.

The scent becomes creamy; almost ice cream-ish.

my hands feel lovely after washing with this, and my bathroom has this delicate creamy minty grapfruity scent lingering while the bar dries.

Verdict:

I really love this soap - the color is interesting, as is the resulting creamy scent that eminates from it.

if this scent had been a perfume in BPAL's catalogue, it's quite possible I would have found a new favorite scent to replace Venom as my all time holy grail BPAL.

Beth, please make Sleet again next year! (or the year after, or after, etc) :P

10 of 10 ranking!!

eta: BPTP description

Edited by Shollin

Sign in to follow this