BPAL Madness!
Mrs.Black

Famine

Sleek black tea, tobacco leaf, frankincense, lilac, and white musk.

I'm getting mostly black tea with a hint of tobacco. No lilac, unfortunately, even though I love the flower. It's indeed a "sleek" kind of scent, and more masculine than I would have thought upon reading the notes.
I quite like it, but at the same time I feel it's too masculine for what I would normally wear. I'll have to decide if I need more of this, but so far I think my decant is enough smile.gif

Wet: The tea in this is AMAZING. Sweet, but not creamy. So good! If it doesn't morph and stays like this, I need a bottle. It's not masculine on me so far, it's sweet enough to prevent that. Almost smells like there's amber in it. It's a scent that I immediately want to slather in, because it's light and it's THAT GOOD. I keep adding more to my arm.

Dry: Still amazing. I can't actually pick out any of the other notes, just sweet tea, but it's a perfumey tea. The other notes give it complexity, even if I can't quite pick them out. I love this, and will be getting a bottle. Not masculine at all to me, in fact, very feminine on me.

A sophisticated, earthy, phenolic scent. Smoky tobacco and tea form a nice dry, slightly sharp base with a light muskiness. There is a spicy-sweetness from the frankincense. And I just get a little bit of lilac, it's adding a nice waxy lightness to the blend.

In the decant: Lilac (but it’s sweeter than normal, perhaps honeyed?) and white musk with frankincense, tobacco leaf, and some tea.

Wet: The lilac and white musk are the first notes to jump out at me, followed by the tobacco leaf, frankincense, and black tea. The lilac note does smell like it is honeyed. Sometimes, the Lab’s black tea note has an anise quality to it on my skin, but that is not the case here. The frankincense in this isn’t heavy, and the tobacco leaf isn’t really smoky.

Dry: The black tea, tobacco leaf, and frankincense are more prominent during this phase of the scent, but the honeyed lilac is still present, and so is the white musk. There’s a tinge of smokiness now from the tobacco leaf, and the scent is not as sweet as it was before, since the frankincense and tobacco leaf are playing greater roles. It’s a warm scent, slightly sweetened by the honeyed lilac, with a wisp of smoke from the tobacco leaf.

Verdict: I did not expect Famine to smell so nice! I do not think I need more of this one (I preferred the wet phase of the scent), but I do enjoy it. I think I’ll hold on to my decant.

Edited by dementia_divine