BPAL Madness!
hackess

Libra 2007

Rose, black cherry, carnation, fig, honey, plum, and black currant.

I'm a Libra and proud of it. :) So when I saw this blend, I was bound to try it whether I really liked the notes or not.

Lucky for me, I love rose. Love it love it love it. It just seems to lift my mood. Wet, I get strong cherry backed by rose and carnation, but that's short-lived. Within a few minutes, rose steps into the spotlight and that's all she wrote. I'm sure the other notes add a depth that I'm not educated enough to easily discern, but this is rose's show and they're just stage dressing. :P

All in all, a winner for me, as I smile whenever I put it on. I hate that it's an LE, because now I'll either have to track down a rose blend I love the same way, or try and find another bottle for backup. Le sigh.

In Bottle: Sweet honeyed plum with a hint of cherry. Mmm...

Wet: ....Sweet tea and bubblegum? :huh: How strange. I do rather like it but it is, indeed, strange. Hnh. Nothing more detailed here, so let's wait til it's dry.

Dry: Early drydown is prominently rose. Yes. Rose. I can smell the rose! :joy: This likely means I stink of rose, but I care not for I can smell beautiful, lovely, fresh roses. Just as though I had snipped a bloom from one of our rosebushes. Rose... :thud:

Of course, now that it's been a bit, the rose has fallen back to let the honey and cherry and plum come out to play a bit. Throw is pretty decent. Mostly get the rose from a distance, but closer in is the deep, juicy sweetness of the fruits. Thankfully I detect no carnation, as strong carnation makes me quite nauseous. No fig, either, but that's fine. I quite like what it's doing now. Very well balanced now, of course. I seem to be getting equal parts rose and fruit, all brought together by I think the fig, since there's just a hint of something smooth around the edges that makes me think of something fresh and squishy... like a fresh fig!

Bottle: Big, lush pink roses, a hint of cherry and bright plum. And... lemongrass? Not as strong as lemongrass but a strange lemon-y quality I can't quite place. Maybe my sniffer has gone wonky and that's the fig?

Wet: Rose! Rose and cherry and that strange lemon-y note that may actually be the honey? Sometimes honey gets kind of citrus-y on me. Don't know why. Hint of spice/powder from the carnation.

Dry: This winds up being warm, sweet rose and plum with hints of cherry and carnation in the background with a little bit of that lemon-y note that could be either fig or honey. It's very... I don't really know how to explain it, but it's just a perfect spring sort of scent. A little sweet, a little floral, a little warm and also a little cool. Like a really refreshing and wonderful gourmet lemonade on the patio of the best-kept-secret-in-town sort of restaurant.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: I can't put into words why I love this so much but it's kind of a stealth random favourite. I rediscovered this earlier this year and was like, "Um... why didn't I know this happened?" so I picked some up and discovered that it was amazing. I've gone through half a bottle already. It is absolutely beautiful and worthy of a lot of love this summer.

I got this as a sniffie from Argentwolf.

In the imp, it smelled like lemongrass to me! Once I put it on, it dried into a lemony-rose. At first it was more lemon than rose; then equal parts both; and now it is more rose than lemon. I guess Libra is trying to find the best balance for me? :lol:

Verdict: I like it for a rose scent. I've smelled similar scents before in other soaps and things, and I liked it then too. :)

Bottle: Rose and cherry cough syrup.

Wet: A damp rose; rose water.

Drydown: Rose water tempered by something sharp - the cherry cough syrup? And slightly warm.

Dry: Pale rose water.

My rating: 3/5

Imp: cherry cough drops

Wet: cherry, and flowers mostly rose.

Dry down: a little cherry, and a lot of carnation, with some spice. Maybe a little honey in there, the carnation is so strong it's hard to pick out anything else though.

Dry: carnation, rose, honey, and a little spice.

Over all: this morphed a lot, and fast. It seemed like it never smelled the same as the last time I sniffed my wrist. It makes me think of candied flowers, it is very sweet, and floral. A very pretty scent, but I don't think I like it enough to keep. This is most likely going to the swap pile.

I was frimped this by a lovely swapper. :heart:

Imp: Strong, strong, gorgeous rose, and a very rich, sweet, ripe black cherry. Yum.

Wet: Unfortunately this is the sort of rose that goes instantly to soap on me. :( But it's a lovely, fruity soap, full of fresh ripe plums, cherries, and figs. I get just a zing of carnation as well. After a minute or two, the honey comes out.

Dry: This dries into a fruity, expensive soap. It's pretty, but definitely not for me-- which makes sense, since I'm not a Libra! :lol:

Wet: Candy sweet cherry (but not veering into cough syrup territory), a hint of spicy carnation, and soap (the rose - sometimes it does that to me).

Dry: Soapy rose. Sad.