BPAL Madness!
fatalbellydance

Hunting for the ultimate _____ blend

I have discovered I love the smell of berries and I have been desperately searching for the ultimate warm jam scent. I've tried knave of hearts, eat me, and eat the strawberries the two of the latter being the closest but not quite there (eat the strawberries was too green/fresh and the currants in eat me are so close but the cake scent sometimes overpowers the currants) any recommendations?

I have discovered I love the smell of berries and I have been desperately searching for the ultimate warm jam scent. I've tried knave of hearts, eat me, and eat the strawberries the two of the latter being the closest but not quite there (eat the strawberries was too green/fresh and the currants in eat me are so close but the cake scent sometimes overpowers the currants) any recommendations?

Off the top of my head, and depending on how your chemistry amps the jammy aspect of red berries:

Zombie Apocalypse, Gollettes, Strawberry Sufganiyot, and Raspberry Sufganiyot.

There aren't a whole lot of options for other berries, even blackberry jam scents are kind of really scarce. I love MB: Closet but the Blackberry note in it amps on me , making it smell a little jammy, while Blackberry jam and scones amped the scone/bakedgoods aspect... You might have better luck there!

Edited by celestia

Have you tried Sticky Eyeballs and Floppy Entrails? It is totally, thick, sticky jam to me with a side a gooey.

Can anyone recommend a blend that has Myrrh as a dominant component?

CP Shadows and Reflections is probably my favorite Myrrh scent right now. I see a few bottles left at the lab too!

Hunting for an Opium blend...I found out much too late that I love When Nothing Was and now I'm looking for something close that I can actually get my hands on

This thread http://www.bpal.org/topic/20359-bpal-blends-with-opium/?hl=opium may be helpful?

I really love Lydia from Bloodmilk, you could give that a shot next time they do a release? Opium tar and sweet patchouli with labdanum, awadh, and inky black myrrh.

Hunting for an Opium blend...I found out much too late that I love When Nothing Was and now I'm looking for something close that I can actually get my hands on

This thread http://www.bpal.org/topic/20359-bpal-blends-with-opium/?hl=opium may be helpful?

I really love Lydia from Bloodmilk, you could give that a shot next time they do a release? Opium tar and sweet patchouli with labdanum, awadh, and inky black myrrh.

Yes! Excellent, thank you!

Evil from the GC is more complicated than When Nothing Was, but at least on me, the opium note in Evil is the predominant note, and it's that same sweet, smooth, little bit smoky one from WNW.

Evil from the GC is more complicated than When Nothing Was, but at least on me, the opium note in Evil is the predominant note, and it's that same sweet, smooth, little bit smoky one from WNW.

Thank you!

I'll have to grab an imp of it with my next order

hi, im hunting for the perfect wisteria scent! ideally id like it to be the main flower rather than the runner up to something else. ive seen wisteria in a few blends but to me none of them evoke a feminine, flower garden vibe.

im also hunting for the perfect hyacincth scent with same same feel. ive not seen this in many note lists but im determined to locate at least one. i LOVE the smell of them, i know oils dont always smell the same as their real flower counterparts but hopefully someone knows of one out there

ETA a google search has just revealed one of my favorite gcs, egle, actually has hyacinth! so i guess i know at least one exists. id still love to hear about others!

Edited by DiZZysTARdust

Have you tried Sea of Glass? I get a beautiful hyacinth note. It's heavenly if you pardon my pun.

pun excused, wish i could drop em like that! i have not, i’m kind of intimidated by aquatics. but i’m like 90% sure it may be in my collection of gcs thanks to someone’s frimpage, so now i’m off to sort imps