BPAL Madness!

Site Description:

none yet

Initial Impression:

Smells slightly like kerosene. Something herby in the background.

After Wearing It:

This smells like summer to me, like sitting on the lawn at night among the tiki torches and citronella candles trying to keep the bugs away. The smell of the grass, weeds and wildflowers drifts upward to blend with the smell of smoke, citronella, kerosene and a touch of lime. It's a slightly masculine blend, quiet and reflective yet impersonal. A quiet vigil on a hot, sticky night.

Final Thoughts:

Nice scent, good energy and imagery behind it, but in the end not for me. It'll go up for swap someday when I actually feel motivated to start swapping. :P

In the bottle

perfectly sweet, lemon

On

Lemon, lemon, lemon

Just as pure and strong a lemon as you'll ever find. I've smelled alot of lemon BPAL blends, and this is the only one that smells like an unadulterated lemon.

10 minutes and turning a bit powdery on the dry down.

Maybe a bit of an herby quality in there now but lightly so. I keep expecting this to turn "Gaslight" smelling. I guess I thought "Gaslight" smelling would be... not yummy. Maybe it's good that I don't know what citronella smells like. :P

I made my husband smell it to get a harsher view. He said it's lemony but smells like natural gas too. Then I asked him, "Is it like ooh yuck get it away?", He said it's not a "get it away" scent but it does make his eyes water a bit. Okay, I've done my part to be objective, but , it doesn't make my eyes water.

30 minutes

Smells lighter, more bitter, not as bright pure lemon juice smelling. It's also sweeter, herbier and powdery. Smells like a summery scent, with a bitterness, and a wafting of bakery goodness thrown in.

Throw:

Average

Scent category:

Citrus

Summary

I can see the "Gaslight" quality...I suppose, but with my chemistry this is beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Go figure.

Purchase again?

Yes. A 5ml if it were available.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

I had the opportunity to try a swipe of this at dinner with a couple of fellow BPALers, and was very pleasantly surprised...

This is a very fresh, lemony scent with a bit of an herbal background, almost like cut-grass. Like SV said, it is mostly evocative of a summer night. Which is *wonderful* and I would buy a bottle, were it to become available, but is not at all what I would have expected from the name. Although I am thankful that there was not an actually gassy smell to this, or that might have been bad...