BPAL Madness!
Teggy

The Reaper and the Flowers

A funereal bouquet laid on cemetery grass: longiflorum lilies, white rose, chrysanthemum, and carnation.

Lilies love me. I love carnation. But the lilies did not want to let the carnation out to play, though they were perfectly happy to play with the rose. So on me this was nearly all bright white lilies with some rose. Even on dry down. Not unpleasant -- kind of gorgeous, in fact. I could see what an earlier reviewer meant in saying it would work well for a bride. But I was hoping for the moderating factor of lovely, spicy carnation. Oh well, I will definitely keep the imp for power floral moods.

In the imp: I can smell all of the notes listed, with the carnation being the faintest of the four. The chrysanthemum and lily stood out to me the most at first, but subsequent sniffings have produced a lot of white rose.

Wet: I do get more spicy carnation on my skin than in the imp, but I do tend to amp that note. I smell the white rose and carnation the most, but the lily and chrysanthemum are pretty strong, too.

Dry: White rose and lily, warmed by a bit of spicy carnation, with a touch of chrysanthemum.

Verdict: This one is okay. The white rose note is a bit too strong on me for my liking, and I can't see myself reach for it, but I'm glad I was able to try it.

This is a little bland for my taste. It's lilies and rose to my nose and nothing else. It's a perfectly fine middle-of-the-road floral, but it isn't anything special for me. If someone is looking for a straight-forward floral for their collection this would be a good one. It's pretty long lasting and is very traditional so it's worth giving a go.

A very pretty, simple, bright green floral. It smells just like walking into a florist's, or the moment you cut a flower's stem. I don't get the spiciness of carnation at all. This one is nice for summer. I wore it on a bike ride once and felt very fancy-free.