BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wanda

...Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

Omg yum. I put this on and right away I get a juicy vibrant very *grapey* wine. The wine is on the sweeter side but only slightly, and not in a dessert way, more in a fresh/fruit way. It's not extremely boozy but more so than any other scent has been on me (I don't mind though, it doesn't smell like I spilled a bottle of wine on myself either lol) It has the same humid quality as some scents like Eros and Hell's Belle, but not warm like those scents, it's almost on the cooler side. The hint of florals I get is mostly what I think is the myrtle and a hint of rose, I don't overly notice any lilac. The leather makes an appearance about 5 minutes in and balances nicely with the wine. This is gonna sound terrible but it's shoe-store leather on me. Very clean, new leather jacket-ish. First leather scent I've tried and I really liked it as a note! It's actually very fresh for being a heavy scent, not cloying at all. The throw is strong and fairly noticeable, although it oddly disappears off my wrist a couple hours after application. I can't sniff my wrist directly but the scent still drifts around me. Going on the favorites list I think!

Now this is some good stuff. I get a heavy wine undertone that goes a little cherry, which I like. The florals don't go soapy, and the leather is delicious. Bottle worthy.

This really does smell like wine & violets. Violets are hit-or-miss for me (total shame). This isn’t working on my skin, but I like the vibe of it, and I think it would work for others who do really well with violets and wine. The leather is in the background, creating kind of a… I don’t know, almost like a buffer between this scent and your skin. It’s really interesting!

Where I’d wear this: Wine night with friends in winter

I got this imp for free and didn't read the description or notes before trying it. The image that came to my mind was somehow.... sexy fairy godmother? Feminine velvety gown and cleavage.

On top it smells fuzzy-sweet (I think the fuzzy is the violets) and on the bottom it is deep and mature. I didn't realise wine was a note at first, but it became more winey as it went along. I think that's why it seemed to be taking on a more sexy character as it went.

This isn't something I'd wear, but I wouldn't mind being seduced by the woman this would suit.

I got an imp of this based on suggestions of forumite's favorite leather blends. I get sweet wine from this. I can't make out the other notes but feel that they could be subtly grounding and rounding out the scent to prevent it from being too sweet or cloying. I don't find the wine note "boozy" which is just fine with me. I applied it about 2 hours ago and really need to huff my wrist to detect it anymore, so not terribly long lasting. I could see myself wearing this around Beltane or Midsummer because of my association with sweet wine or mead and those holidays. Not bottle worthy to me but I'll keep my imp and probably wear it a few times a year.

I get a syrupy dark wine first and foremost. It's tasty and intriguing and lasts several hours on me.

Later there's the intimation of leather and definite undertones of hot, flushed skin. This one's naughty,

but the florals aren't. There's only a hint of rose and I think it's smoothed by the myrtle. I do like violet,

but I have to reach to catch a glimmer of it here. Going on the full bottle list! :P