BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Tushnamatay

Pure internal harmony and spiritual bliss: the perfected meditation blend.

This blend almost but just doesn't quite work on me, which is a pity, but not surprising as it is an incense blend and I find them tricky. It starts off with incense and blast of floral - very strong, but the floral leaves immediately once on the skin. Then it is fairly consistent - an incense with a sweet background - some kind of muted vanilla I guess. There are moments when I catch a whiff and I like it in an understated way, but mostly I feel vaguely aware of it in a way I don't quite enjoy. I find vanilla tricky as well - I want to love it, but so often it does not love me.

In short I am conflicted about this scent. I may keep it for one more try - after it has aged a few months it might change, but there are so many scents I love more, that I think this is one frimp that will probably go to a new home.

In the imp, it smelled like honey and spices to me. It has an intense scent that I adore; I do not like weak scents.

Wet on the skin, it turned to tart fruit and honey. ?? Okay, I can work with this.

Now as it dries, all I smell is slightly-perfumey dark cherries. Maybe it's the sandalwood? The more I sniff to puzzle it out, though, the less I smell it. Maybe it's meant to be mysterious.

In conclusion, I like this scent, I will wear it again, and I probably will get the bottle, but it's never going to replace Eat Me or Plunder as my top favorites.

Dry: Dry, warm (quite comfortable) warm wood. Sweetened with summery flowers.
Into its second hour the florals are gone, instead theres a vanilla-like sweetness adding to the warm wood, making it softer.
Ends with a beautiful, summer warm wooden scent.

Dominant notes: Warm, sweet wood.

I wish there was more clear notes for this one, as I would like to explore the wood in other combinations.

In the imp I got bubblegum sweet lotus. On my skin I get a spicy almond cream with soft florals.

I don’t usually buy blends that list no notes, but I have this frimp, so let’s see what happens.

On the wand, this smells like some sort of sandalwood incense, lightly sweet with something floral and something like honey. And maybe some other wood: sometimes I think of the Himalayan cedar in Kathmandu, and sometimes of the blondewood in Dragon’s Bone. Either way, this is summery and soft.

Wet on my skin, it smells like a sweet vanilla-sandalwood incense, maybe with Himalayan cedar. Dreamy and pleasant, and plain.

This gains some strength on me as it dries. Lots of sweet vanilla now! Vanilla has taken charge, with woody incense secondary. Pretty. Time will tell if I need a bottle.

In the imp: I'm getting soft resins from this. I can definitely smell frankincense and what I think could be myrrh.

Wet: On my skin, I'm getting more of a soft myrrh with some frankincense. Now it's morphing, and I'm getting a sweet resin that I think is the Lab's Mysore sandalwood note, because it's reminiscent of Kit. The frankincense is a lot stronger than it was initially and is right beside the sandalwood note.

Dry: Sweet Mysore sandalwood and frankincense.

Verdict: I really enjoy this sweet sandalwood note. I don't think I need more since I already have two bottles of Kit, but I'll keep my imp!

I was expecting more resins, but putting it on was like putting on a sugar cone. It's dry, but still pretty sweet and vanilla-rich. It's exactly like a sugar cone for ice cream that is just waiting to be filled. Not really my style.

I want to love this, but it's so light my skin eats it instantly. i have to shove my wrist up my nose to get any scent. it's like a really light sandalwood but that's all i can make out. i will have to try it in a scent locket and see what happens.

Light sandalwood, and when I say light I mean the barest hint of it.

A whisper of florals, maybe carnation? Not enough to be a potent perfume... A drop of honey. All of this put together makes it a lovely, nondistracting scent. Very relaxing. I'm wearing it to bed right now...

Quite sour upon my skin. Although its sour, there seems to be some sort of honey in the background. Really not my cuppa, but interesting to try.

This is such a nice light incense, just bordering on a slight sweetness. Unfortunately for me, my skin eats this in approximately 30 secs. Lovely scent, highly recommend it to be tried!

Wet: I slathered this, and can still barely smell it. I want to say.. warm plastic, play-doh, and incense? (I'm guessing there might be a vanilla note in here.)

Dry: Faint, barely there.... play-doh. Well then.