BPAL Madness!
Damask Rose

Nocturne

An olfactory serenede. A somber, contemplative scent -- dreamy and subdued. Deepest violet touched with lilac and tuberose.

This is the lilac blend I've been looking for. Not mixed with rose, or a cologne, it's gorgeous.

The lilac, violet, and tuberose play so well together, it's well balanced, feminine, and beautiful.

In the imp: The tuberose is the strongest note. Sometimes I get more lilac after the tuberose, and sometimes, more violet.

Wet: The heady tuberose and lilac are the strongest notes on my skin, but the violet is there, draping them both in its purple cloak. There is a sour quality to the scent while the floral notes fight among themselves for the main role. In the end, the tuberose wins, but the lilac note is right behind it.

Dry: The tuberose and lilac are still the dominant notes, with the soft violet draped lightly over them. The sour aspect of the scent that was present during the wet stage is no longer present during this stage, and the lilac and violet notes seem to be getting stronger over time.

After a while, the violet does end up being the strongest note, followed by the lilac.

Verdict: Violet is generally a note I dislike. But it was the heady tuberose in this that ended up being problematic for me during the wet phase, and while it was pleasant after the tuberose managed to calm down, the violet did take over in the end. I won't be keeping my imp, but I'm glad I got to try it.

I'm retesting and re-reviewing everything I own due to medical/medicine changes.

In the imp-I would have pegged this as a white floral, but I sometimes get that from lilac

Wet: Oh gods what have I done. Something in this does not like me at all. I would have definitely put money on there being white musk in this blend.

Dry: Meat. It smells like meat. And hairspray. Sometimes violet on me is great, and sometimes it's meat. This is a meat blend.

into the frimp box you go.

Age Unknown: Date: November 2016

In the vial: absolutely beautiful blend. Lilac tends to overpower but here. This is a garden at night. All of the flower blend perfectly together.

Wet on Skin: violet and lilac in the forefront. There is a little heavy rose grounding everything and keeping it from being too airy. It blends together in the deep breath inhales, then fades.

Dry 30+ mins: The scent is very soft and gentle. The sweetness of the violet mixes well with the lilac. This is like a more innocent version of Les Fleurs du Mal. There's a very calm night impresion of this scent.

Worn 3+ hours: There is a sweetness in this floral. The violets and lilacs give the sweetness a very fruity scent. This reminds me of Oya. If Oya is the Goddess of air and ozone, Nocturne would be the night sky trailing in her wake. This a clear and airy scent. I could wear this everyday. It isn't a dark scent. Very feminine.

Wet: In order of strongest to least; tuberose, violet, lilac. It's reminding me of Daddy-O Shampoo by Lush. (Disclaimer: it's been several years since I smelled it.)

Dry: This is practically a violet single note on me now; I'm not sure where the tuberose or the lilac went. Apparently violet kicked their butts and ran them out of town. There is a faint powderyness that may be from the tuberose in the background, but otherwise.. violets on top of violets on top of violets.

Impression in the Imp: A classic (and classy) spring floral, violet in the front.

5 to 10 minute drydown: Violet, some tuberose, and a light waft of lilac! Exactly what it says!

1 hour: The violets continue to dominate. It's a very pretty scent but very traditionally feminine which generally isn't my interest. Still, may keep it around for very girly days. It is really well blended and charming, just doesn't match my aesthetic.