BPAL Madness!

This perfume is a traditional Roman Catholic sacramental incense, most often used during a Solemn Mass. Traditionally, five tears of this incense, each encased individually in wax that has been fashioned into the shape of a nail, are inserted into the paschal candle. This is, of course, represents the Five Wounds of Our Risen Savior. Symbolically, the burning of the incense signifies spiritual fervor, the fragrance itself inspires virtue, and the rising smoke carries our prayers to God.

Well, it's absolutely a church after mass. I get a lot of smoke and resins that wafts around a big open building. It's not stuffy like incense in a small room, but like a lager space where it can waft around. There's a kind of ebb and flow to it. It's not so bad, but it feels quite solemn. I think that it's not to my taste, but resin fans will enjoy this one.

This is for the 2017 version.

It's very sweet in the bottle, with a bit of smokiness. When it hits the skin, that's when it turns to the church incense I remember from my Catholic upbringing. It's still sweet, but that familiar spiciness comes out, and it's really dead-on. I just wish it was stronger! It's not as powerful as Cathedral. The throw isn't fantastic and it doesn't last nearly as long as I'd like, but I still really love it, despite the fact that it needs reapplication. I've been looking for a scent that mimics Roman Catholic incense for some time, and this is really it!

sweet church incense. i freaking love this. i think i am getting a good handle on what works for me and what i will actually like now that i have tested over a hundred bpal in the last year and this is in the 'love it' pile. i love resins and incense. may wind up layering this with a vanilla or honey scent to make it a little less churchy but man Beths blend is dead on with this one.