BPAL Madness!

A shadowy, unapproachable forest of maple, birch, dogwood, cypress and pine softened by a garland of New England wildflowers: bergamot, columbine, rue anemone, blue violet, creeping phlox, bloodroot, toadflax, and pixie moss.

This is sweeter than I expected and sunnier. I didn't get any evergreen notes, which can sometimes take over completely on my skin. Just a nice balance of greenery and floral scents, a little bergamot, some violets peeking out. Quite lovely!

Wet: Trees, yes, but more flowers and citrus than I expected! It's actually quite bright and pretty.

Dry: This gets almost candy sweet on me - verging on sickly. I think that's the violet, which I had failed to notice in the note list previously. Not for me!

In the imp: bright sparkling and herbal. Getting a hint of pine and maybe juniper?

Wet: Smoothing out a bit, but still smells like a bright sunlit forest.

Dry: Mossy and woodsy. Still bright, maybe a touch of citrus? Looking at the notes this makes sense but I wish I got more flowers. Moss tends to amp on me. A very pretty woods scent but not my thing!

On me, this is mostly floral. The first time I tried it, the florals and the woods combined into an unpleasant, sharp, biting combination. However, I gave it a second shot, and I'm glad I did. It's never going to be one of my favorite scents, but the floral elements blend well with the woods into a scent that feels like viewing an old picture of a New England meadow. The woods are still pretty "biting" on me, and not like my favorite wood scents, which are smoother, and the florals are a bit too strong for me.

In the imp: An evergreen forest on a warm, spring day, with a field of sweet wildflowers right beside it.

Wet: The evergreen notes stand out to me more on my skin than they did in the imp, but the sweet wildflowers make this forest seem inviting as opposed to unapproachable, and they end up dominating the scent in no time. It is hard to discern which of the flowers I'm smelling. But I do think I can smell the blue violet and the phlox, and the scent only seems to be getting sweeter over time.

Dry: The florals are really cloying during this phase... with the violet being one of the main culprits. I cannot smell any of the forest anymore. It's sweet florals, all of the time.

Verdict: I thought this was really promising at first, but some of the wildflowers in this end up being too cloying on me (violet, I'm mostly looking at you). I also wish the tree notes weren't so fleeting. I'd enjoy this as a room scent, but don't think I'd reach for it over something like Elf. Still, I'm really glad I got to try it!

This is very sweet. Like, honeysuckle mixed with dragons blood level of sweet. Very faintly get the violet - I do not blame violet for this level of sweetness. Theres something not listed that is making it ridiculously sweet. There is a touch of something green, do not get Evergreen though. Juniper, I think. The flowers are muddled, not very distinct. I can only pick out the violet because it starts making things smell like sweet tarts candy after dry down. Eventually, it is sweet tart candy, and slightly soapy juniper floral.

Edited by Lemonlife

I wasn't expecting this to be as sweet and floral. It's pleasant, initially more green and wet, then drying to more pure floral. There's a little bite of evergreen or leaf/moss that lingers, but it's very subtle. I think "pleasant" is the right word... not love, but nice, and not as shadowy/dark/mouldery as I expected. I could actually see wearing this during the current season (spring/early summer).