BPAL Madness!
Penance

Coyote

The Native American Creator / Trickster God of Chaos and Change. The warmth of doeskin, dry plains grasses and soft, dusty woods warmed by amber and a downy, gentle coat of deep musk.

This is the scent of my childhood.

The smell of sun-warmed, clean dog fur on a soft summer day. The subtle background scent of the field grass that grows at the edge of the pine trees (that separate the yard from the field next door.) My grandmother’s favorite perfume from Estee Lauder. This scent is so incredibly nostalgic for me it brings a high of sweet, pure bliss and an old, aching wave of sorrow that pulls me back down.

In the bottle: It was very strong, very “perfume-y.” Read almost masculine to me, like a cologne.

As it first blended and warmed on my skin: The harsh ‘cologne’ smell faded and was replaced by a scent that instantly reminded of dog fur; of all the times I’d stuck my face into the neck of my mother’s Siberian husky growing up. That unique dog smell that’s part musk, part fur, and part flora dust from the summer dried grass patch they’d just been rolling in.

As it settled: A more perfumed scent came through, but this was less cologne more expensive ladies’ perfume. It smelled exactly like my grandmother’s perfume, something I haven’t smelled in over a decade. The undertones were of her yard- the fields out back, the pines and other assorted trees, the tall wild grasses that bordered her property.

At the end of the day: I’d gone mostly nose blind to it at this point, but I’d catch whiffs of something that reminded me of her bathroom: the perfume, the complimentary soaps and powders and potpourri, with that undertone of warm fur.

Longevity: This lasted easily 12 hours on me.

Throw: Despite how well I could smell this on myself it didn’t seem to be something that was overly noticeable by others.

This is definitely one I’ll eventually buy a full thing of. The way it interacts with day to day smells (like fresh brewed coffee, or wood, or warm car smell) brings back bits and pieces of a childhood I wouldn’t trade for anything. I bought it the first time because the description of the scent intrigued me. I’ll buy it again because the actual scent, on me, is so utterly personal. I've already purchased a full size one for my mother , who was also instantly reminded of her mother/mothers house when she smelled it, as a Christmas gift.

Edited by fizzbangdangcharade

This smells so beautiful, but disappears really quickly on me! I'm going to keep the imp and try again in a few months because I'm really hopeful. It's soft, warm, dry, a bit dusty, a bit spicy. Just a really beautiful, homey but romantic blend.

This is currently my #1 BPAL scent. I live in the desert and Coyote captures the essence of an arid landscape perfectly. It also captures the spirit of Coyote in the way it morphs.

Stage 1 (10-20 minutes): Men’s cologne. Sharp, astringent, overpowering men’s cologne. This is Coyote in his human form. Bold, brash, and ballsy. Not unpleasant at all, but when I first put it on, I was like....ummmmmm... whaaaaat?... Not too sure if it was going to work for me.

Stage 2 (2-3 hours): Like rolling around in soft, dry, sweet grass. This is Coyote transformed into his animal form. Playful, free, a little bit wild, and almost importable to pin down. The smell of clean (but dusty) sunshine-dappled fur.

Stage 3 (3+ hours, until it disappears): The memory of Coyote. Barely a scent - more of an after-image. Still soft and sweet, but now it’s nostalgic, wistful, almost melancholy. Like standing on a hill in the desert as the sun is going down. It smells - and FEELS - just like that.

This is a total winner and will be my go-to summer scent.

A nice, soft, fuzzy brown scent. Something in this reminds me of sun warmed skin or fur maybe. Sometimes musks don't really register to my nose, or they do, but almost as a "void" if that makes any sense. The musk in Oblivion and The Velvets has that effect. It's weird. This is kind of doing that. I like it though. If you want a gentle, comforting skin scent, this would be a good bet. I think it would work for a man or a woman.