BPAL Madness!

Site Description:

there isn't one, but Beth tells me it was intended to amplify not only sexual passion, but a joy & lust for life. Desire without its darkside.

Initial Impression:

Citrusy floral blend, tropical feeling with an slightly waxy smelling overlay

After Wearing It:

Wet and during the first hour after application, Passion smelled to me like the lovechild of The Star and Pele with the lime turned all the way up. I could smell the "just lit" candle smell I noticed in The Star along with the lime, with Pele's soft, warm floral breeze. The scent was warm, but only comfortably so. Like a sunny day in late spring when the chill of winter is barely even a memory but the heat of summer hasn't started to set in. My favorite type of weather too, so I was tickled by that, particularly since it was very cold when I wore it.

After about an hour the candle wax note had burned off and Passion didn't remind me of Pele much anymore. The lime note was still very strong and dominant, but round and smooth. It lay over a bed of flowers that briefly peaked out clearly, but were really hard to pick out individually. At one point I thought I could smell carnations, but that note was whisked away before I could be sure it had really been there. A powdery jasmine note was the only one I felt somewhat confident in identifying. The scent wore on the rest of the day that way: a strong but sleek, bright lime over a soft, slightly powdery floral base.

This scent was very cheery and positively buoyant. Didn't feel much sexuality to it, but the joy was definitely there and a sort of innocent sensuality to it that enlightened you to the sensuality that lies in all things. I don't know if it was actually the therapeutic vibes built into the blend or if it was what I had read in Beth's PM to me about the blend that I carried with me in the back of my mind as I wore it, but I couldn't stop smiling all day. It was like wearing a hug in the way it was so aggressively comforting. It's the bottled, concentrated feeling of knowing someone loves you and was so touching I almost felt moved to tears whenever I sniffed my wrist. It inspired a lot of confidence too and oddly made me think of something President Clinton said about how people who were loved can accomplish anything. It certainly felt that way!

Final Thoughts:

Passion is certainly not the sort of scent I normally wear, but I love it all the same. How could I not adore something so positive? This bottle was such a touching gift and I'll cherish it forever!

at first: lemongrass!

on: lovely lemongrass. beautiful.

half an hour later: lemongrass!!!

1.5 hours later: more herbal.

overall: i adore this at first, but the lemongrass fades too quickly.

this smelled strongly of citrus candy when i first aplied it, but it dried into s soft slightly peppery skin scent.